The October Sneak Peeks are complete. Here is all the detail
The Clash of Clans team approaches game balance by looking at attack stats and playtesting gameplay changes. As outlined by our design values, regular balancing updates help keep the game fun and interesting!
In this sizable round of balancing changes, we’re continuing to develop Town Hall 11 gameplay, boost underperforming units, and ease some high level upgrades. We’ve also taken a look at Clan Wars XP and war loot rules.
NEW: Wizard level 7 (TH 10)
Wizard level 6 hitpoints and damage slightly increased
Wizard level 6 available at Town Hall level 9 (was 10)
Fashionably late to the party, high-level Wizards are finally showing up – in style! They’ll lend some needed extra firepower to Town Hall 9 and up.
NEW: Hidden Tesla level 9 (TH 11)
REMOVED: Hidden Teslas no longer deal 2x damage to P.E.K.K.A
Popular Tesla-heavy defensive cores have led to underwhelming P.E.K.K.A gameplay. Removing the 2x damage rule helps P.E.K.K.A reclaim its fearsome potential while making room for a new Tesla level.
NEW: Baby Dragon level 5 (TH 11)
Baby Dragon level 4 available at Town Hall 10 (was 11)
Baby Dragon upgrade levels should come just a bit earlier to give an appropriate power level to such a late game troop.
NEW: Mortar level 10 (TH 11)
Mortar level 8-9 damage increased
Mortar has fallen behind the defensive curve. A boost to later levels, and the new Mortar level 10, will help give Mortar back its punch.
Skeleton Spells spawn MUCH more Skeletons, but over a longer time
The rebalanced spell is much better at doing – well, pretty much everything. 26 Skeletons in a single spell slot? You’d better believe it!
Cloned troops from Clone Spells can stay much longer on the battlefield
The power of Clone Spells comes from effective positioning. Longer troop lifetime will bolster well placed Clones.
Bowler hitpoints slightly decreased
Skillful attackers often keep Bowlers far and safe from damage. A small hitpoint reduction better balances their immense and efficient reach.
Other NEW Town Hall 11 upgrades:
• Dragon level 6
• X-Bow level 5
• 25 additional Wall pieces
Upgrade Discounts (time and/or cost):
• Wizard 6
• Dragon 3-5
• Baby Dragon (all levels)
• Cannon 12-13
• Archer Tower 11-13
• Mortar 8-9
• Wizard Tower 7-8
• Hidden Tesla 5-8
• X-Bow 2-4
Clan Wars balancing:
• Earn a partial War Win Bonus even when failing an attack
• War Win Bonus is no longer reduced when attacking lower Town Hall levels
• Tougher targets in war are worth more Clan XP, to a max of 10XP
We want to lessen the downsides of more ambitious war attacks and better reward clean-up attacks.
Also, basing Clan XP rewards on defender strength will better reward Clans that participate in high-level Clan Wars!
Army Training Revamp & Quick Train
Clash training is an old system with a LOT of quirks. Multiple queues, training capacities, timers, tabs and more tabs – there has to be a better way!
Reducing unnecessary complexity is what our design value of Simplicity is all about, so we’ve vastly streamlined the training process. We’ve also implemented Quick Train – a hugely requested feature to train and retrain armies with a single tap!
We recommend you check out our short tutorial video to get up to speed and start training fast:
The detailed change set:
- All troop and spell training now happens in single, dedicated tabs
- You can now fully train two armies at a time
- Quick Train lets you create 3 army plans and train any with one tap
- Quick Train lets you retrain your last used army with one tap
- Troops and spells in training can be reordered freely with a long tap
“Overqueued” units train and get a green check mark – you can donate these!
- Barracks are now used to unlock troops and reduce their training time
To make this new training system work as well as it should, lots of times and gem costs had to be adjusted. Diligent Clashers may notice:
- Training single troops is MUCH faster (3 minute Dragons!)
- Full-army training times should be roughly similar to before
- Small amounts of units can have a slightly higher “Finish Training” gem cost
- Large amounts of units have a lower “Finish Training” gem cost
NEW: Bomb Tower (starting at TH 8)
Bomb Towers explode in a small radius when destroyed, punishing masses of melee troops that charge in without a careful plan.
Bomb Towers create a lot of new room for balancing mass-attack troops, which have too easily teetered between being super-weak or super-strong.
Witch hitpoints massively increased, damage slightly increased
Witches are much more resilient and have more power to push through incoming fire. However, Bomb Towers will challenge their Skeleton hordes!
Giant Bombs no longer deal 1.5x damage to Hog Rider
We’re shifting Hog Rider play away from focus on Giant Bombs, and more towards planning for Bomb Tower resistance.
Introducing Friendly Wars!
Friendly Wars allow any two Clans to do battle with custom settings and arrangements!
Friendly War Details:
- Friendly War challenges are issued via opponent Clan Profiles
- Accept Friendly War challenges from Clan chat
- New Friendly War Clan settings: disable challenges, post results to war log
- Choose custom war durations (as short as one hour!) and sizes from 5v5 to 50v50!
- Friendly War attacks do not consume your armies (only attacking Clan Castle troops are consumed when attacking)
- It’s just for fun! Friendly Wars award no war loot or Clan XP
Clash Friends & Friendly Challenge Updates:
Clash Friends: Add friends in Clash via player profiles
Search Players by player tag (check the player profile menu)
Moving decorations no longer puts a layout on Friendly Challenge cooldown
Heroes now defend in Friendly Challenge attacks even when under upgrade