This guide helps you understand how the perk system works.
Part 1 repoduces the clan perks screen from Clash of Clans and is a quick easy guide.
Part 2 provides an in-depth guide to perks.
The following was created by a Clash of Clans forums user and posted for the benefit of the community. The detail is stunning. The creator is devil9394.
It is reproduced here for your benefit, if you prefer you can also read it on the Supercell Forums page.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Explanation of clan perks and levels
Chapter 2: Clan experience gained based on number of players
Chapter 3: Experience based on position on map
Chapter 4: Experience required for each clan perk
Chapter 5: Minimum number of wars required for each perk
Chapter 6: Minimum number of wars days required for each perk
Chapter 7: Minimum number of wars required in all major possible scenarios
Chapter 8: Troop Donation Refund Table
Chapter 9: Useful information/tips
Chapter 10: FAQ
Chapter 11: You might also want to check!
CHAPTER 1: Explanation of clan perks and levels
1. Troop Request Time Perk: Leveling up this perk allows you to request troops more often from your clan members. This perk DOES apply for regular gameplay too as well as for the wars. See the table below for a full list of request times based on perk level.
2. War Loot Extra Storage Perk: Leveling up this perk allows you to store more loot in your Clan Castle Storage. This option starts from the Perk 2.
3. Donation Refund Perk: Leveling up this perk allows you to get a refund for any troop donated to your clan members. Once the troops are donate, you instantly get the a % of elixir/dark elixir back based on your clan Perk. This option starts from the Perk 3. This perk DOES apply for regular gameplay too as well as for the wars. See the table below for a full list of request times based on perk level.
Note: The elixir/dark elixir does NOT go to the player who receives the troops, but to the one who donates them.
4. War Bonus Extra Loot Perk: Leveling up this perk allows you to get more war bonus loot from defeating an opponent in war. This option starts from the Perk 3.
5. Donation Limit Perk: Leveling up this perk allows you to donate more troops at a time to your clan members. This perk DOES apply for regular gameplay too as well as for the wars. See the table below for a full list of donation limits based on perk level. This option starts from the Perk 4.
6. Donated Troop Upgrade Perk: By leveling up this perk, every donation within your clan will get a troop upgrade based on the perk level. This perk DOES apply for regular gameplay too as well as for the wars. See the table below for a full list of troop upgrades based on perk level. This option starts from the Perk 5.
Note: The “Donated Troop Upgrade” Perk will not affect donated troops that have already been maxed out.
For a clan with perk 5:
Archer 6 will always be donated as an archer 7, no matter to who and where (war/regular gameplay).
Archer 7 will always be donated as an archer 7, not as an archer 8. The levels of the troops will not exceed their existing limit.
CHAPTER 2: Clan Experience gained based on the number of players
There are three ways you can earn Clan Xp:
1. Get small amounts of Clan XP for defeating enemy War Bases. Subsequent attacks on the same base, which win additional stars, do not get additional XP.
2. Get larger amounts of XP for accumulating 40% or 60% of the total stars during war.
3. Get huge Clan XP bonus for winning the war.CHAPTER 3: Experience based on position on the map
Note 1: You need to obtain a minimum of 1 star from the opponent in order for the Clan Xp to be rewarded. If the attack failed, then there won’t be given any Xp from that attack to the clan.
Note 2: The experiences listed above are the same for any clan sizes. Members 1-5 from a 10/10 will get the same xp as the members 1-5 from a 50/50.
CHAPTER 4: Experience required for each Clan Perk
CHAPTER 5: Minimum number of wars required
Note: The above numbers are assuming your clan gets the full amount of Clan Xp. If you do not get the maximum amount of Clan Xp from a war then you might need more wars than the numbers listed above.
CHAPTER 6: Minimum number of days required
|Perks 2-10 (ONLY WINS)||524 days||454 days||414 days||380 days||358 days||340 days||324 days||310 days||296 days|
|Perks 2-10 (HALF WINS)||648 days||544 days||486 days||440 days||414 days||390 days||368 days||350 days||332 days|
|Perks 2-10 (NO WINS)||850 days||680 days||592 days||524 days||486 days||454 days||426 days||400 days||378 days|
Note: In all the situations presented above, the clans always get 60% of the total stars and always defeat all enemy bases, only the amount of wins changing.
CHAPTER 7: MINIMUM number of wars required in all major possible scenarios:
CASE 1: The clan wins ALL of the wars, gets at least 60% of the stars and defeats all bases.
|Perks 2-5||6700||52 wars||45 wars||41 wars||38 wars||36 wars||34 wars||32 wars||31 wars||30 wars|
|Perks 5-10||27300||210 wars||182 wars||166 wars||152 wars||143 wars||136 wars||130 wars||124 wars||118 wars|
|Perks 2-10||34000||262 wars||227 wars||207 wars||190 wars||179 wars||170 wars||162 wars||155 wars||148 wars|
Note: This case simulates a clan which will win all of their wars, will always get 60% of the total stars and will always defeat all enemy bases.
CASE 2:The clan wins HALF of the wars, gets at least 60% of the stars and defeats all bases.
|Perks 2-5||6700||64 wars||54 wars||48 wars||44 wars||41 wars||39 wars||37 wars||35 wars||33 wars|
|Perks 5-10||27300||260 wars||218 wars||195 wars||176 wars||166 wars||156 wars||147 wars||140 wars||133 wars|
|Perks 2-10||34000||324 wars||272 wars||243 wars||220 wars||207 wars||195 wars||184 wars||175 wars||166 wars|
Note: This case simulates a clan which will win half of their wars, will always get 60% of the total stars and will always defeat all enemy bases.
CASE 3:The clan wins NONE of the wars, but gets at least 60% of the stars and defeats all bases.
|Perks 2-5||6700||84 wars||67 wars||59 wars||52 wars||48 wars||45 wars||42 wars||40 wars||38 wars|
|Perks 5-10||27300||341 wars||273 wars||237 wars||210 wars||195 wars||182 wars||171 wars||160 wars||151 wars|
|Perks 2-10||34000||425 wars||340 wars||296 wars||262 wars||243 wars||227 wars||213 wars||200 wars||189 wars|
Note: This case simulates a clan which will win none of their wars, but will always get 60% of the total stars and will always defeat all enemy bases.
CHAPTER 8: Troop Donation Refund Table
- RED CIE = Cost of the troop in Elixir/Dark Elixir
- GREEN P3 = Perk 3 (20% troop cost refund) = how much elixir you get back for donating the specified troop at the specified level
- GOLDEN P6= Perk 3 (35% troop cost refund) = how much elixir you get back for donating the specified troop at the specified level
- BLACK P9 = Perk 3 (50% troop cost refund) = how much elixir you get back for donating the specified troop at the specified level
CHAPTER 9: Useful Information / Tips:
- Farming clans should level up their Clan Perks. Those Farming Clans with maxed Clan Level will be of a high demand pretty soon amongst the Farming Clans.
- The end of the war does not affect the Clan XP achieved during the war. The only way the result affects the Xp is that a win gives a bonus of 50xp while a loss gives no bonus, all the other XP being rewarded even in case of loss.
CHAPTER 10: FAQ:
1. How can I earn Clan XP? Can I do it by donating troops?
The clan experience can only be earned through wars.
2. If I leave a clan, will I keep the clan perks?
The clan perks are ONLY associated with the clans, not to the players. Therefore, the fluctuation of the members does not influence the clan perks, only the wars do.
3. How is the clan experience being earned?
The clan experience can be earned by successfully defeating an opponent’s base in war. More clan experience can be earned by achieving a certain percentage of the war stars, and even more experience can be earned for winning the war. See chapter 2 for more information.
4. If I add one more star to an opponent already one starred, will the clan get more experience?
The “Defeat an enemy base” experience from an opponent is earned from the first attack won on the base. Any other addition of stars to the base will not count for “Defeat an enemy base” Clan Xp.
5. How do I achieve the maximum amount of Clan Xp in a war?
In order to win the maximum amount of clan xp in a war you need to at least one star every opponent’s base, get more than 60% of the stars, and to win the war.
6. Do the Clan Perks apply for regular gameplay as well?
All the Clan Perks apply for regular gameplay, as well as for wars. This includes the following Perks:
Troop Request Time, Donation Refund, Donation Limit, Donated Troop Upgrade
7. I left my previous clan, which had level 8 Clan Perks. Will I have the same level of clan perks in the next clan I join, and as a result, the same bonuses?
Again, the clan perks are only associated with the clans, so the bonuses you have will only depend on the clans you join, not in the clans you previously were in.
8. I am in a farming clan, does this update disadvantages me?
The update does not disadvantage anybody. Even if you are in a farming clan you still can go in wars for fun and just aim for 50%, using BARCH so in this way you will also get your clan Perks sooner or later.
9. If my clan will level up to level 8, will I lose the previous clan perk 7?
Leveling up your clan will not remove the bonuses from the previous clan perks. You simply collect more clan perks as you go higher in level.
10. What happens to the xp bonus if the clans tie in a clan war?
The bonus experience is only earned if the clan wins the war. In this case no clan gets the bonus experience.
11. How do I unlock the Clan Perks?
Clan perks unlock automatically and improve as you level up your clan.
12. How do I know when a perk is active?
The perks are automatically active from the moment you leveled up your clan; there won’t be any notification or pop-up to inform you every time a perk is worked.
13. In case the “Donated Troop Upgrade” perk is active, what happens to the donated troops if the donor/receiver leaves the clan?
Troops auto-upgraded with the “Donated Troop Upgrade” perk will not auto-downgrade when the donor or the receiver leaves the clan, they will stay untouched.
14. What happens to the experience remained after a clan leveled up?
If a clan wins more experience than it requires to level up, the experience in excess will automatically go to the next clan level. If the clan wins +100 xp and the level requires only 50 more to upgrade, then the next level will get the remaining 50 xp.
15. Is the clan experience cumulative? Or each level begins the same?
The experience from clan levels is not cumulative, each level will begin with a 0 experience, or with the remaining experienced from the previous level (see FAQ #14 for more information on remaining XP).